Market Sales Leader
Company: Bimbo Bakeries USA
Posted on: January 7, 2021
Market Sales Leaderreq18495Employment Type: RegularLocation:
CHICOPEE,MAHave you ever enjoyed Arnold--, Brownberry-- or
Oroweat-- bread? A Thomas'-- English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps
snacked on a Sara Lee--, Entenmann's-- or Marinela-- cake or donut?
If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!Bimbo
Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking
company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU)
employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales
centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our
consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at
every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the
chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers
the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and
personal lives every day. Description:The Market Sales Leader (MSL)
is responsible for achieving sales growth and freshness, people
growth, market share growth, and customer relationship and growth
and brand health by creating sales opportunities, leading the
execution of DSD Excellence and ensuring critical field sales
initiatives are developed, managed and executed effectively in the
marketplace. Additional responsibilities may include leading the
execution of DSD route sales in the market and supporting the
attainment of world-class sales centers in rural markets.The MSL
will lead execution of the sales Direct Store Delivery Excellence
(DSDE) Playbook throughout the marketplace in service of the
Frontline sales force with the objective of driving growth of our
people and the business.The MSL coaches and supports the direct
frontline as they execute, prospect and pursue new business,
recommend appropriate solutions for each customer, grow existing
customer accounts and ensure customer retention.The MSL will use
their leadership and sales expertise to own stewardship of our
brands in stores, deliver world-class sales and merchandising, meet
clients' critical needs and provide nutritious and delicious baked
goods and snacks for all consumers. Take pride in the platform to
foster the personal and professional growth of the team within a
highly productive and deeply humane purpose.Key Job
- Mindsets & Behaviors
- Embraces, embodies and leads DSDE practices and acts upon the
vision and values of BBU on a daily basis
- Exemplifies the characteristics of BBU and its brands and
extends those brand values through daily activities and leadership
and interactions in the workplace
- Establishes team goals and communicates them to help achieve
- Fosters an atmosphere of continuous improvement to include the
development of self, teams, and work processes.
- Embraces the value of constant improvement to take appropriate
actions that result in demonstrated, constructive changeRoles &
- Develops strategic plans to deliver on sales targets in order
to grow overall business within existing accounts and pursues
business relationships with expansion customers to generate new
- Establishes store-level growth plans that connect to the Zone
objectives for revenue, freshness, and realization; while building
customer relationships that align with planned store level growth
goals. Communicates plans and conducts reviews quarterly with
business partners to identify opportunities and action plans
- Executes on all growth opportunities to grow market share on
strategic brands through the execution of incremental
- Utilizes sales data to help drive effective decisions with the
frontline sales person as well as drive brand growth with customers
through the acquisition of new space and displays.
- Engages sales people in all facets of planning route sales
activity, including order management, daily distribution,
merchandising, promotional activity, and holiday planning in order
to meet the customers' in store expectations.
- Establishes effective customer relationships to initiate and
maximize sales in retail, restaurant, and institutional customers;
ensures client retention by exceeding expectations with new and
- Engages and develops core competencies in sales people through
training, coaching, mentoring, and consistent performance feedback
in order to grow overall business.
- Coaches on Order Management disciplines per the DSDE Playbook
to maximize freshness.
- Leads consistent execution of the DSD Excellence world-class
sales practices in the market
- Holds sales people accountable for meeting key performance
targets; executes procedures and programs to increase team
productivity, team effectiveness, & quality of work.
- Holds merchandisers accountable for the execution of world
class merchandising and meeting customers' expectations for down
- Maintains accounts receivable, payment due balances, and Scan
Based (SBT) accounts per policy.
- Achieves the field safety goals; delivers on safety awareness
programs accordingly to eliminate unsafe acts, eliminate workplace
injuries, and lead local organization to achieve the goal of zero
- Recruits sales professionals and supports route splits and
route productivity initiatives.
- Identifies potential business partners and participates in the
interview process for new hires.
- Additional duties as assignedPosition Requirements:Selling
- Delivers on key performance indicators for territory: revenue,
VCM, returns, compliance, store selling and average displays
- Utilizes data tools to analyze business and identify
- Utilizes tablet and sales data on a daily basis to drive
effective decisions at store
- Establishes and maintain strong customer relations exceeding
- Monitors of results against plan and taking of appropriate
actions to achieve objectives
- Shares performance data with store and frontline sales
peopleRetail Best Practices
- Follows all the steps of store visit and the Golden Path Tour
in store consistently
- Utilizes DSDE Shelf Best Practice to ensure adherence to brand
and store planograms
- Utilizes DSDE Display Best Practices to drive optimal sales and
world-class merchandising presentation
- Creates and acts upon secondary display opportunities within
store to meet DSDE Optimal Display PlacementsKey Behavioral
- Market Sales Leader Specific Competencies:
- Ability to engage and inspire frontline associates and business
partners to pursue the BBU vision for growth
- Ability to expand business value opportunities, guide sales
opportunities, and motivate the frontline sales people to
accomplish zone goals and targets.
- Demonstrates business acumen
- Ability to align performance for successSales Leader Core
- Ability to create a culture and team with operational
capabilities to achieve BBU's objectives.
- Ability to create culture where encouragement and recognition
are fundamental operational tenets.
- Ability to empower and involve associates in planning and
- Ability to engage and develop others through coaching.
- Ability to establish objectives, ownership of work, and
accountability for results.
- Ability to provide vision and champion change
- Ability to build credibility and lead by example
- Ability to solve complex problems and make profitable
- Ability to Influence and inspireSales Professional Core
- Ability to exchange complex information effectively to reach
agreement in ambiguous or difficult situations
- Ability to negotiate and communicate effectively while building
trust with others.
- Operates with a sense of urgency and takes initiative.
- Ability to actively listen and clearly communicate to build
- Ability to mindfully plan in order to drive results
- Ability to operate with a customer focused mindset with the
intent to build mutually beneficial partnerships.Education and Work
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field. A combination
of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated
competency to perform the work may be substituted.Ideal candidate
- 3-5 years of related experience in customer relations or
- DSD experience is a plus.
- At least 6 months experience leading and influencing others (A
combination of training and experience that results in demonstrated
competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, as
well as the ability to effectively negotiate and influence
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Computer skills and proficiency, specifically PowerPoint,
Excel, and Word is required.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a safe driving
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a DOT Medical card
- Bilingual - English/Spanish a plus.
- Travel Required up to 5%
- Physical Demands:
- The physical and mental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to use a variety of communication methods on frequent
- Use a notebook computer and standard office equipment printers,
fax, phone etc.
- Able to sit, stand, stoop and have use of hand motor
- Use various forms of transportation for extended periods of
time on periodic basis.Be a part of a company that is dedicated to
protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100%
renewable electrical energy since July 2019, with energy created
through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the
Year in 2018 and 2019 for superior leadership, innovation and
commitment to environmental protection through energy
- We have 14 ENERGY STAR-- Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste
- 360 of our company-owned vehicles utilize alternative fuel -
propane, compressed natural gas, and electric
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging
across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and
wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.Bimbo Bakeries
USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides
equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees
regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification
protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment,
including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation,
reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other
working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment
opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action
plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with
disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and
other protected veterans.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries USA, Chicopee , Market Sales Leader, Sales , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!