Compacter Repair Technician
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: August 14, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: The Technician, Container Shop performs repairs,
maintenance and installation of compactors and other stationary
equipment. The Technician, Container Shop typically performs works
on hydraulics, basic electrical operations, and welding fabrication
in order to maximize safe and productive operations.
- Performs inspections, conduct diagnostic tests, preventative
maintenance, and repairs on varied types of compactors, and other
- Reads electrical schematics. Diagnoses and repairs electrical
problems on equipment using both single and three phase AC voltage
-- including working with high-voltage electricity.
- Reads hydraulic schematics. Diagnose and repair hydraulic
issues on equipment.
- Maintains knowledge of proper installation of compactors, and
other types of stationary equipment. Perform or assist with
installations as scheduled and meets relevant deadlines.
- Performs welding and fabrication work as needed.
- Ensures and maintains efficiencies so that all scheduled jobs
can be handled in a given day.
- Completes paperwork and/or enters data associated with
repairing relevant equipment in an accurate and timely manner.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Knowledge of basic and advanced hand tools.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Equipment maintenance and repair experience.
- Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience.Republic
Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified.-- Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and
waste services. Through its subsidiaries, Republic---s collection
companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills focus
on providing reliable environmental services and solutions for 14
million commercial, industrial, municipal and residential
customers.Each day, Republic empowers more than 31,000 exceptional
employees to do their best work. The Company takes pride in the
commitment to the safety of employees and communities; customer
engagement; environmental stewardship and sustainable practices;
community involvement, and innovation in all aspects of its
business operations. Republic strives to be an employer of choice
for top talent and works to create and maintain an environment that
attracts, develops and retains people who are aligned to serve
customers and preserve the planet.
Keywords: Republic Services, Chicopee , Compacter Repair Technician, Professions , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!