HVAC Controls Technician
Posted on: January 16, 2023
United States of America
CAM68: ALC - Mass (Chicopee) 260 Griffith Rd , Chicopee, MA, 01056
Carrier is the leading global provider of healthy, safe and
sustainable building and cold chain solutions with a world-class,
diverse workforce with business segments covering HVAC,
refrigeration, and fire and security.We make modern life possible
by delivering safer, smarter and more sustainable services that
make a difference to people and our planet while revolutionizing
industry trends. This is why we come to work every day. Join us and
we can make a difference together.
About this role
Under general supervision, perform preventive maintenance, repair,
installation and commissioning of building automation control
systems. This person is accountable for high customer satisfaction
levels through direct, onsite client interaction. May also assist
more senior specialists, project managers, engineers and designers
in functional testing and system validation. Individual must
understand the principles that comprise a Building Control system
and possess the ability to learn new product and strategies as they
are released for sale. High level of documentation of daily
activities and recommendations is required.
- Adheres to all ALC and customer safety standards. Promotes
safety awareness on work sites.
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the
facility. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction. Meets
regularly with customers' representative to become familiar with
operation of customer facility. Keeps customer informed of the
nature of service we are onsite to perform.
- Communicates outstanding issues and recommends system
enhancements, upgrades, and/or repairs. Is observant of additional
opportunities we may have to solve issues. Works with service team
to engineer and estimate solutions.
- Performs system maintenance in accordance with established
service practices and direction including field controllers,
servers and workstations and field hardware. Maintains feedback of
equipment scheduling and modifications needed to the service team
and their appointed supervisor.
- Manages assigned work to meet professional execution of time
and customer satisfaction.
- Reports issues or changes to management immediately in
accordance with company policy and practices. Interfaces with
service coordinator, service account manager and service project
managers to coordinate activities as required in a professional
- May provide training to customers on their specific control
systems operations. Delivers documentation to the customer for
training as needed or as contractual obligation requires.
- Follows established learning path and conducts extensive
self-study (reading, research and practice) to improve and maintain
technical proficiency in company's product lines. Completes
certifications as required by the company.
- Completes all job required documentation on-time including time
sheets, expense reports, posting of work orders, on-site
documentation and project status reports in accordance with company
policy as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Follows direction and guidance from service manager or other
- Must be able to work alone and communicate effectively with
- Must have good understanding of systems software to read, test
and make changes to logic as needed.
- Able to download and troubleshoot basic HVAC system logic using
WebCTRL and associated software.
- Good understanding of troubleshooting methods and
- Entry level working knowledge with WebCTRL software functions
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networks including wireless
- Able to read and understand Architectural, Mechanical, and
- Basic experience with Microsoft software products to include:
Outlook, Word, Excel, and other Windows products when
- Possess computer and networking skills to properly maintain
their laptops and mobile devices.
- Possesses a good understanding of the operation and control of
mechanical equipment and their control sequences.
- HS Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in the HVAC controls industry
- 1+ years of experience with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Clean and valid driver's license
- Must be able to climb ladders or use other lift equipment in
excess of 8 feet above grade, and be capable of lifting items up to
- Bachelor's Degree from a recognized college or university in
building HVAC with a focus on building automation controls (3- or
- Experience in dealing with a number of simultaneous challenges,
requiring knowledge of many different disciplines
- A true team player who has the customer's best interests first
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age
or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice
COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S.
Keywords: Carrier, Chicopee , HVAC Controls Technician, Professions , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!