Forklift Operator - Full-Time - 3rd Shift
Company: XPO Logistics, Inc.
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Solutions driven success.XPO is a top ten global provider of
transportation services, with a highly integrated network of
people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look
for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively
in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of
experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future
for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity,
join us at XPO. Pay, benefits and more.
- Pay starts at $21.74/hour
- FAC ONLY: Additional $1.80/hour shift premium for nights
- 3rd Shift
- Full health insurance on day one
- Life and disability insurance
- Earn up to 13 days PTO over the course of your first year
- 9 paid company holidays
- 401(k) option with company match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Education assistance What you'll do on a typical day:
- Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and
- Use appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including
pallet jack, forklift and by hand
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and
- Work in a safe, efficient manner, adhering to company safety
- Use mobile handheld devices to scan and track shipments
- Work on a dock that is not climate-controlled for extended
periods of time What you need to succeed at XPO: At a minimum,
- To be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to do basic math calculations, with and without a
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days,
evenings, nights and weekends, due to varying freight volumes It'd
be great if you also have:
- Dock/warehouse experience in the transportation industry
- Forklift experience in a freight/less-than-truckload
- Experience loading and unloading trailers
- Desire to succeed with a strong attention to detail This job
requires the ability to:
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and
weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 70 lbs.
- Sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized
freight using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including
a pallet jack, forklift and by hand
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading
dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull,
twist, squat and kneel as necessary Be part of something big. We
are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected
status.All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment
may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test. The
above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required
responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.
Keywords: XPO Logistics, Inc., Chicopee , Forklift Operator - Full-Time - 3rd Shift, Professions , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!