Company: Hyundai L&C USA LLC
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition Type: Non-exempt Title: Material Handler
Location: Based out of Springfield, MA Job Category: Warehouse
DistributionAbout Us: A leading comprehensive Quartz and Solid
Surfaces Manufacturer and Global Supplier of Premium Kitchen & Bath
Countertop Materials. Job Summary: Before a customer places an
order and before an order is scheduled for delivery, products
arrive at the warehouse and must be safely and properly stored for
future sales. From the time this product arrives, to the time it
leaves for delivery, a warehouse material handler is responsible
for this inventory.Responsibilities: There are many
responsibilities for a warehouse material handler, and it all
focuses around the products that Hyundai offers, whether unloading
or loading a truck, picking an order, staging material to be
delivered, assisting a customer with pickups or organizing the
inventory on hand - working with product is what they do.Job
DutiesWhen it comes to the product side of the business, our
warehouse material handlers deal with it better than anyone. To
perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to do
- Pulls orders for delivery or pickup.
- Loads, unloads, verifies walk-in orders and deliveries before
- Loads and unloads vendor and/or common carrier vehicles, and
- Daily pre-inspection of powered industrial equipment.
- Maintains forklift and reporting maintenance necessities.
- Tracks and monitors inventory levels.
- May be required to build A-frames for LTL and flatbed shipments
as well as Hanex solid surface.
- Scans all paperwork and emails proper authorities for future
- Assists with reporting needs, gathering information, and
relaying to requesting party.
- Loads/unloads quartz slabs and solid surfaces sheets on
- Properly secures the slabs on the trucks.
- Unloads slabs bundles from containers with forklifts
- Performs Quality Checks and reports the findings on received
- Operate forklifts after proper training provided.
- Follow safety procedures.
- Assure orders accurately and safely handled.
- Actively maintains warehouse clean.
- Performs warehouse duties such as; inventory control, cycle
counts, material location updates.
- Performs additional duties as required and or
requested.Additionally, the candidate must meet the following
Education and Experience requirements:
- 1-2 years of warehouse experience.
- Forklift and warehouse experience preferred.
- Valid OSHA approved forklift certification (company training
- Overhead Crane operation experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of using computer or tablet required.
- Basic math skills required.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Must be flexible to work overtime when needed. Typical hours
- Able to use scanners and other warehouse software.
- Natural Stone or Quartz Industry experience is a
Keywords: Hyundai L&C USA LLC, Chicopee , Material Handler, Professions , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!