Commercial Front Load Driver - Class B CDL - $3K Bonus
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: March 26, 2020
POSITION SUMMARY: A Driver- CDL (B) is responsible for safely
operating a collection truck, and providing prompt, courteous and
complete waste removal services for customers. In addition, a
Driver CDL (B) is responsible for ensuring his or her vehicle is in
compliance with the Companys safety standards prior to operating
the vehicle, ensures that all Company, state and federal
regulations are adhered to at all times while operating the
vehicle, and completes vehicle condition reports (VCRs) on a daily
basis to ensure that any vehicle defects are repaired in a timely
- Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the
vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure,
fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper
working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
- Safely operate his or her heavy truck along his or her
designated route and to the disposal site; read route sheet, follow
map and service each customer as identified on the route sheet or
as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor.
- Operate manual and/or automatic controls in accordance with
Company safety policies and procedures to lift and load refuse,
operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the
- Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers and others
on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a
timely and professional manner.
- Identify unsatisfactory waste containers and tag containers in
accordance with applicable departmental procedures.
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable
Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to
all applicable safety standards and policies.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the vehicle to ensure it
is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean
waste from the packer blade and truck body (where appropriate) on
each disposal trip.
- Complete required route/productivity sheets, VCRs and other
reports, as required.
Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the
department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in the Companys ReSOP program.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer
expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative
manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of
honesty and trustworthiness.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities
are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and
follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth;
promotes the Companys safety standards; does not take inappropriate
- Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all
- Two years of prior experience driving commercial trucks
- Class B or higher Commercial Drivers license with air brakes
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected
veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Chicopee , Commercial Front Load Driver - Class B CDL - $3K Bonus, Professions , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!