FT Substance Abuse Counselor
Company: BayMark Health Services
Posted on: July 29, 2019
HCRC (Health Care Resource Centers) services is dedicated to
providing individualized treatment integrating pharmacotherapy,
clinical counseling, recovery support and medical services.HCRC
(Health Care Resource Centers), addiction treatment programs
deliver medically-supervised services for adults in a variety of
modalities and settings. As the largest specialty organization
addressing the opioid crisis, we have unlimited opportunities for
those looking to make a difference. At HCRC (Health Care Resource
Centers), we believe in delivering a higher level of care to our
patients, not just talking about it. We are committed to treating
our patients and each other with dignity and respect in a culture
that fosters excellence in all that we do.Title: FT Substance Abuse
Counselor Primary Job Function:Substance abuse counselor will be in
charge with assisting patients through medically assisting programs
and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. Counselor
conducts group sessions and individual sessions to assist with
crisis management and coping strategies. Additionally, counselor
will evaluate patients' progress during counselling sessions.
Substance abuse counselors may also need to collaborate with
doctors, nurses and therapists for patients' counselling sessions
and treatment for best overall outcome.Essential Job Functions:
- Conducts individual initial assessment and evaluation
interviews for service eligibility determination.
- Facilitates, establishes and reviews with each patient the
initial treatment plan.
- Completes Bio-psychosocial assessment.
- Provide individual and group counseling services; direct
service hours at regularly scheduled intervals; coordinate all
services throughout treatment.
- Involve families and significant others in patient's recovery
process whenever possible.
- Develops and participates in individual or group patient
- Respond, as needed, to patient grievances and complaints.
- Develop aftercare plans and discharge plans.
- Completes all discharge paperwork.
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor Schedule: M-F
5:30am - 2pm or 6am - 2:30pm Qualifications - Education -
- Bachelor's Degree required with a minimum of 2+ years of
individual counseling experience or a Master's Degree in Behavioral
- Previous experience working with chemically dependent
individuals a plus. Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental,
and accepting attitude toward our patient population
- Spanish speaking and licensed preferred (LMHC, LICSW, or
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental,
vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our
counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals'
life What to expect from us: HCRC (Health Care Resource Centers) a
progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to
the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient
clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical,
emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each
of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality
of life. HCRC (Health Care Resource Centers) is committed to Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal,
State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the
basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion,
gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship,
genetic disposition, disability or veteran's status or any other
classification protected by State/Federal laws. PI112324892
Keywords: BayMark Health Services, Chicopee , FT Substance Abuse Counselor, Other , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!