Boiler Operator - Chicopee
Posted on: May 10, 2019
Overview Solenis is a leading global manufacturer of specialty
chemicals for the pulp, paper, oil and gas, chemical processing,
mining, biorefining, power, and municipal markets. The company's
product portfolio includes a broad array of process, functional and
water treatment chemistries as well as state-of-the-art monitoring
and control systems. These technologies are used by customers to
improve operational efficiencies, enhance product quality, protect
plant assets, and minimize environmental impact. Headquartered in
Wilmington, Delaware, the company operates 30 manufacturing
facilities strategically located around the globe and employs a
team of 3,500 professionals in 118 countries across five
continents. For additional information about Solenis, please visit
-Twitter - LinkedIn. Solenis is staffed with great minds and
powered by ingenuity. When you join the Solenis team, you become
part of a global community of 3,500 experts who work together to
provide advanced process and water treatment solutions. Our team
members take pride in their ability to think dynamically and help
solve our customers' unique challenges. If you're interested in
becoming a part of our elite team, please explore our current
career opportunities. Description The Boiler Operator position will
report to the Operations Team Leader. They will be responsible for
operating the plant boiler, waste water pre-treatment system, and
new Membrane processes. Key Role Responsibilities:
- Monitor Boiler & Wastewater and respond to any upsets.
- Conduct Boiler water analyses.
- Collection of NPDES compliance samples.
- General area housekeeping.
- Attend monthly safety meetings.
- Participate in BBS program.
- Schedule vacation coverage.
- Monitor gate during off hours.
- Remove Totes from the Staged Trailer.
- Load contents of the Totes into the Reactor via the pump
- Run the process system and monitor the equipment as trained
with the new installation.
- After membrane process has completed, the contents of the
Reactor is removed and stored in finished Totes.
- Finished Totes are placed back into a Staged Trailer.
- The process system will be run to clean the associated
equipment and then shutdown as required.
- A license and training will be required to operate a Forklift
to transport Totes. Qualifications
- H.S. Diploma, required / A.S. or Certificate Program
- 2nd Class Firemen License, required
- Microsoft Office, SAP and Lotus Notes experience a plus
- Chemical Manufacturing Experience, 1 years' experience
loading/off-loading chemicals, familiarity with Solenis products in
Chicopee and a solid understanding of Chicopee's shipping process
and customer base-preferred
- Motivated self starter
- Proactive Communication
- Detail Oriented
- Positive Attitude
- Cordial and professional
- Problem-Solver At Solenis, we understand that our greatest
asset is our people. That is why we offer competitive compensation,
comprehensive benefits and numerous opportunities for professional
growth and development. So, if you are interested in working for a
world-class company and enjoy solving complex challenges, whether
in the lab or the field, consider joining our team. Solenis is
proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer,
including Minorities / Women/ Veterans / Disabled. Solenis is proud
to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and
will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Should you require assistance in applying to this opportunity,
please reach out to Solenis Talent Acquisition at 1-. #LI-JD1
Keywords: Solenis, Chicopee , Boiler Operator - Chicopee, Other , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!