Company: Westover Job Corps Center
Posted on: January 16, 2023
Position Outreach & Admissions Counselor Reports To OA/CTS
Manager Department Outreach & Admissions / Career Transition
Services FLSA STATUS Exempt - Full Time Primary Position Objectives
Responsible for meeting Center and contract arrival goals through
community outreach and involvement to attract eligible applicants
that can benefit from participation in the Job Corps Program. -
Assists and provides guidance to prospective Job Corps enrollees by
determining basic eligibility, conducting screening interviews, and
providing career-based counseling. Additionally, supports student
retention throughout program enrollment. - Brief Description of
- Conduct innovative outreach activities with public service
agencies, community organizations, schools and individuals who
might refer eligible candidates to the Job Corps program.
- Interview interested candidates and obtain pertinent
information on each one as outlined by the PRH.
- Prepare documentation on potential students and review with the
center as applicable or necessary.
- Maintain monthly goals established by the National Enrollee
Assignment Plan (NEAP) and management.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual
compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. -
Prepare related reports.
- Arrange for and assist in providing pre-enrollment orientation
and schedule tours of the center.
- Prepare necessary and required reports related to the outreach
- Assist in the development of new and revised policies and
procedures affecting student recruitment.
- Create network with youth development agencies, one-stop
agencies, churches, and community organizations to provide a
wide-base for recruiting of potential students.
- Introduce labor market information to help with the career
transition period process and analyze career paths in the local
- Assists in the continued implementation of the Center's Career
Success Standards program.
- Works towards meeting performance standard goals.
- Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Quality
Assurance Plan (QAP), Serrato policies and procedures, Job Corps
notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures. -
- Demonstrates and abides by Serrato Corporation's core values
and operating principles.
- Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success
- Helps students become more employable through continuous
- Participates in PRH mandated staff training. Failure to
participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including
- Performs other duties as assigned. Key Competencies Performance
Standards/Results Effective Communication
- Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly
confirms correct interpretation of information.
- Very high standard of communication skills both written and
verbal for the presentation of facts and ideas.
- Shows professional non-verbal body language and actively
listens to others. - Organization of Work
- Action oriented. Demonstrates the ability to handle several
projects simultaneously with decision making, flexibility, and
- Implements the key principles of time management, task
allocation and priority assignment in addition to personal
- Shows attention to detail and ability to complete work with the
highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Continually seek ways to improve employment service provided
via development of professional skills and personal growth.
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills when interacting
with others. Abides by Serrato Corporation's Healthy Workplace
- Acts as a team player and builds professional relationships
with coworkers to achieve goals. - - - - - - Leadership &
- Ability to exceptionally manage and lead students from diverse
- Committed to investing in and developing students and
positioning them to succeed. -
- Mission-oriented and possesses a strategic vision. -
- Motivates students and provides coaching and/or feedback when
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word,
Power Point, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to effective assists students in career choices. -
- High level of communication, interpersonal, analytical, and
- High level of ability to motivate and inspire students
- Ability to work independently. - Experience Two years' related
experience. - -Experience may include successful Job Corps outreach
and admissions experience or successful outreach and admissions
experience with other youth development programs.
Education Bachelor's degree in human services, psychology,
counseling, education, social science, business, communications, or
closely related field; or Associate's degree in human services,
psychology, counseling, education, social science, business,
communications, or closely related field, and two years related
experience. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Valid State
Driver's License. Physical Demands The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit,
stand, and walk; to reach with hands, arms, talk, and listen. The
employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hands and fingers
to handle or feel; to taste and to smell. The employee must be able
to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision
capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, and peripheral vision. Work Environment The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. - While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise
level can vary from moderate to loud. Benefits Offered
- Paid Short Term / Long Term Disability and basic life
- Health care insurance available (medical, dental, vision,
critical illness, accident, HSA, and FSA)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K -& 401K -Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement -
- Employee Assistance Counseling Service ProgramDisclaimers
- Serrato Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Serrato Corporation conducts background checks and drug
Keywords: Westover Job Corps Center, Chicopee , Admissions Counselor, Other , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!