Clinical Liaison - Westfield, MA
Company: Kindred Hospitals
Posted on: November 18, 2022
If you love healthcare but would like to try something new this may
be the opportunity for you! Summary As a Clinical Liaison, you will
have the ability to use your clinical skills while working in a
strategic business environment. Successful Liaisons will educate
the community about the services provided by Kindred and will
develop and maintain positive relationships with families,
caregivers, medical professionals and the communities we serve.
Through the building of long term relationships, the Liaison will
facilitate the identification and assessment of medically
appropriate patients for potential admission to the acute
rehabilitation setting. - In addition, the Liaison:
- Reviews patient medical charts and understands pharmaceuticals,
test results, therapy evaluations, pre-existing conditions, and has
a general medical knowledge of the patient.
- Interacts clearly and professionally with patients and
families, while gathering additional clinical information and past
- Conducts thorough patient assessments to identify patients for
potential admission into the system.
- Completes detailed Pre-Admission Screens, according to facility
policies and procedures, KHRS policies and procedures, and payer
- Targets area research including analysis of like programs and
alternative levels of care.
- Provides patient updates to physicians, payers, case managers,
social workers and other relevant persons.
- Develops educational and community relations plans in
consultation with Program Director, Medical Director, and Nurse
- Maintains effective communication with patients, families,
healthcare providers, employers, clients and team members.
- Participates in team meetings along with Medical Director,
Program Director, Nurse Manager, Therapy Coordinator, and others,
- Functions as a resource for and provides team members with
in-service/cross-training on acute rehabilitation criteria,
diagnostic case mix management, coding, etc., as applicable.
- Participates in Clinical Program Development as identified
through market demand.
- Educates specific specialized physicians on quality, programs,
accreditations, and regulations on inpatient acute
-License and Education:
- Valid state driver's license and own reliable transportation
- Clinical licensure required. -
- College degree required.
- A track record of successful experience in a health care
setting, strong interpersonal skills, and experience working with
physicians, nursing management, discharge planners, case managers,
and social workers.
- Clinical experience required.
- Knowledge of acute hospitals and post-acute settings
If you are a current -Kindred employeeClick Here.
Keywords: Kindred Hospitals, Chicopee , Clinical Liaison - Westfield, MA, Other , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!