Company: UFP Technologies
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job Description About UFP MedTech:UFP MedTech, a UFP
Technologies, Inc (Nasdaq:UFPT) business, offers a full suite of
design, development, process, and manufacturing services for
single-use and single patient medical devices. We create OEM
devices, subassemblies, components and packaging, from Innovation
to Manufacturing, using a differentiated flexible materials
portfolio with best-in-class operational excellence systems to
improve patient outcomes for our clients.Our culture is centered
around innovation, collaboration, creativity, and service. This is
the connective tissue that drives our pursuit of industry
leadership and customer partnerships throughout our
organization.UFP Technologies offers a competitive benefits
package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision,
life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, paid time off,
paid holidays, employee discounts and much more!Summary:
Coordinates all activities related to procurement necessary to keep
the Chicopee, MA facility supplied with materials, supplies and
services needed, from intent to purchase to delivery, utilizing the
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP/MRP) system. Expedites and tracks
delivery to ensure schedules are met. Obtains quotes for materials,
supplies and services as needed.Essential Duties and
- Keeps ISO Approved Supplier List current and obtains ISO
Certificates and handles Supplier Surveys.
- Maintains CERTS to shared file.
- Maintains continuous communication with suppliers and notifies
them on quality issues identified, corrective actions, delivery
schedules, delays, shortages, etc.
- Communicates internally to operations team on material issues
and advises appropriate personnel regarding late deliveries and
impact to business.
- Partners with Incoming Material Inspection Department on
material approval status or issues.
- Allocates MRA's to suppliers.
- Completes material purchases for shipping supplies, first aid
supplies and other commodities as needed.
- Tracks orders for delivery.
- Obtains quotes for materials, supplies and services as
- Attends and participates in the twice weekly "Due to Ship"
meetings; advises on material delivery issues and potential
- Works with our quality team and suppliers handling supplier
rejects, returns/credits and maintains records in the Supplier
Corrective Action Report (SCAR) system.
- Supports year-end inventory.
- Obtains samples from suppliers as requested.
- Performs purchase order maintenance associated with ordering
- Maintains cost savings projects spreadsheet for
purchasing.Education / Experience:
- Associates degree or 2 years of college education and 1 to 3
years related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong analytical abilities working with ERP and MRP systems,
Epicor a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, coworkers, vendors and
- Experience with lean manufacturing and six sigma environment a
- Experience using EPICOR MRP system is preferred.To apply for
this job please create a profile with us through our online
application system. Click the "Apply" box in the upper right hand
corner to start the application process. Or, if you already have a
social media account with LinkedIn, Google, or Facebook you can use
your log in credentials to apply. UFP Technologies, Inc. is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Keywords: UFP Technologies, Chicopee , Buyer, Other , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!