Company: Alternate Perspectives Inc
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Alternate Perspectives, Inc.TITLE Residential Counselor ABOUT
THE ORGANIZATION Alternate Perspectives, Incorporated (API) has an
immediate opening at our Contracted Job Corps Location. If you want
to be a part of a dynamic team that helps young people ages
16-24-years-old, this place is for you! You will be a part of the
nations most successful youth training and education program for
the past 50 years. API's mission is to help create a world where
people respect themselves, respect others, respect their
communities and strive for excellence. We provide new ways of
thinking, to create new ways of doing for our employees, clients
and communities and we are guided in our work by our values of
Accountability, Performance, and Integrity. DescriptionAPI's
Residential Counselors help our young people understand the
benefits of diversity and inclusion while enhancing their social
and emotional learning. You will have the honor to support and
assist students to achieve their maximum potential. Position
Summary : Reports to the Residential Living Manager. Responsible
for residential activities within the dormitory providing for
maximum program coordination, student discipline, counseling,
attractive and well-maintained dormitory environment, and
preparation of records and reports, in compliance with government
and management directives. Essential Functions :
- Provide proper guidance to students to ensure positive group
living relations and achievement in the program.
- Provide continuous educational, CTT, personal and social
adjustment counseling on an individual and group basis; recommend
necessary program modifications throughout each assigned student's
- Conduct continuous interpretation and evaluation of progress in
student's specific development program; coordinate problem cases
and point out areas in which guidance and development techniques
can be improved. Maintain, up to date documentation, case notes and
records using CIS, as well as other systems of documentation.
- Oversee each student's personal career development plan in
center information system (CIS).
- Work with designated counselor to develop retention plans and
participate in retention program.
- Direct dorm activities as designated.
- Patrol and monitor dormitories and center as required to ensure
safety and proper behavior of students; resolve potential or
- Assist with recreational activities for students on and off
- Transport students to and from recreational functions, airport
or bus stations as required.
- Prepare the morning report; pass list and other administrative
correspondence relating to students.
- Direct students and assist in the cleanup and maintenance of
- Recommend or requisition supplies to provide needs for dorm
living and safety of students.
- Conduct group sessions in accordance with the schedule;
participate in and conduct career preparation activities and Career
Success Standards (CSS) training.
- Maintain dormitory and individual student files; maintain files
to include complete, updated and required documentation. Update
student records in CIS as required.
- Conduct daily inspections of several dormitories, as
- It is expected the incumbent will work overtime when directed
to do so.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff
and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling
appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and
monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to
safety practices. POSITION REQUIREMENTS Education/Experience
Requirements : Bachelor's degree in related field, including 15
semester hours of instruction in social services or related
instruction, and one year experience in counseling or related field
required. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and
computer proficiency required. Valid driver's license with an
acceptable driving record. PM22 FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Full-Time SHIFT
Various Shifts CITY Chicopee STATE Massachusetts ZIP CODE 01022 KEY
WORDS Residential Advisor, Independent Living Advisor, Dorm Parent,
Care Attendant, Social Skills, Mentor STARTING PAY $61,000.00
annually BENEFITS Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance though
CIGNA, 401k with a Safe Harbor Match, Employee Discount Program
POSITION Residential Counselor DIVISION Westover Job Corps Center
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT Exempt REQ NUMBER RES-22-00016 EOE STATEMENT We
are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status,
pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status
Keywords: Alternate Perspectives Inc, Chicopee , Residential Counselor, Other , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!