Staff Assistant I
Company: Dow Jones
Posted on: September 9, 2020
By selecting Apply above, you indicate you have read and
acknowledge the Dow Jones Applicant Privacy Notice and Dow Jones
Under minimum supervision, performs specified duties of some
diversity related to the departments activities in a
Mailroom/Warehouse environment. Involves some independent judgment
and a detailed knowledge of the department or company policies.
Maintains, records and prepares reports as needed. . Duties may
include email and equipment operation. Maintains productivity and
quality requirements as related to business unit goals. Receptive
to constructive feedback. Ability to work well in a team
environment. May be required to support other team functions.
DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handles internal/external customer and/or vendor contacts.
- Creates, imports and downloads files daily for processing of
Back Copy and Magazine orders for both WSJ and Barrons. Also
processes these orders using UPS or USPS.
- Creates, imports and downloads files for sending of customer
communications utilizing Word and Excel.
- Works in a Mail Center Environment, packing orders, shipping
orders, lifting up to 50 pounds, working power jack and/or manual
- Processes shipments/outgoing mail using UPS or USPS.
- Operates inserting equipment
- Utilizes Word and Excel functions such as mail merge to process
- Fulfills orders for WSJ Shop and maintains inventory.
- Operates X-ray equipment to insure safety of all incoming
parcels or other mail
- Maintains copier paper inventory and distributes to building as
- Handles all shredding responsibilities in relation to our Shred
- Operation of manual jack.
- JIE/Amenity/Student Membership order fulfillment and inventory
- Back Copy Mailbox fulfillment
- Internal Mail Delivery
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- Familiarity with computer software including Microsoft Word and
Excel, Google, UPS, USPS
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills are a
- Position requires ability to sit or stand
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for
qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application
and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation
in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach
out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put
Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PRINT & ENT SVCS - PRINT SERVICES
Job Category: Office Administration Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring
information to the worlds top business entities. Beginning as a
niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has
grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with
prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones
Newswires, Factiva, Barrons, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of
accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past
experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its
individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence,
with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated
solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and
customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information
that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here.
Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view
"Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 21518
Keywords: Dow Jones, Chicopee , Staff Assistant I, Other , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!