Restaurant General Manager
Company: The Retail Network
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Job descriptionOur client is a well established casual dining
restaurant with function facilities, full service bar and outdoor
seating.They are eager to hire a well rounded Restaurant
Professional with GM experience in managing up to 60 employees in a
high volume experiential environment. This is a great opportunity
to oversee a talented, established team in providing the best food
quality and guest experience.
Starting salary in the 85-95k range depending on experience.
Incentives and possible equity position to be discussed.
GM responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant's revenue,
profitability and quality goals. You will ensure efficient
restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production,
productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
To be successful in this role, you'll need management skills and
experience in both front and back of the house. We want you to know
how to oversee the dining room, check-in with customers and balance
seating capacity. Back of the house management experience is also
essential, as you'll hire qualified Cooks and Wait Staff, set work
schedules, oversee food prep and make sure we comply with health
and safety restaurant regulations.
We'll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during
busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will
ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant
dining experiences. Ability to support all areas of the business in
a hands on manner are a must.Responsibilities
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant's good image and suggest ways to improve
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth
and restaurant events
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and
social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future
restaurant operationsRequirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant
General Manager, Hospitality Manager or similar role
- Proven customer service experience as a manager
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with ability
to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers
and wait staff
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Strong financial management skills/P&L experience.
- BS degree in Business Administration or equivalent in work
experience; hospitality management or culinary schooling is a
Keywords: The Retail Network, Chicopee , Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!