Company: Gandara Mental Health Center
Posted on: October 10, 2019
Occupational Therapist155-379 Occupational Therapist We're looking
for an Occupational Therapist (OT) who will provide collaborative,
direct 1:1 and group treatment in two longer term residential
treatment programs for adolescent youth who experience behavioral
health challenges. Occupational therapist will provide
collaborative interdisciplinary treatment planning, assessments and
interventions. Focus on environmental modifications, role-modeling,
and providing recommendations to program. Occupational Therapist
Duties: Under the direction of the established supervisor,
occupational therapist is responsible for the organization, and
delivery of the operational, clinical, and programmatic components
of occupational therapy services.
- Screen all individuals to determine the need for direct
occupational therapist services.
- Completes and documents the occupational therapy process with
identified individuals (assessment, individual & group therapy,
progress review, discharge) based in individual needs
- Administer a wide variety of assessments( sensory processing,
- Create, co-create with other program clinicians, individualized
treatment goals, that will integrate into program treatment plans,
and make recommendation to programs to improve outcomes based on
- Participates in trans-disciplinary treatment planning meetings
and assists in modifying treatment plans with clinicians.
- Assists in developing and adhering to the program's policy and
procedures manual related to occupational therapy services.
- Assists with the planning and implementation of AFS program
evaluation through quality improvement processes and/or formalized
research, as approved.
- Assists in determining training needs, educational
competencies, and in the creation, implementation and monitoring of
overall competency for position.
- After one year of fully licensed practice, supervises OTA and
OT students with various levels of training, and completes all AOTA
requirements of that supervision.
- Maintains NBCOT registration and MA state required licensure
without any lapses, and follows MA state practice guidelines.
Occupational Therapist Experience:
- NBCOT registration and MA state allied health occupational
therapy license required (temporary will be considered).
- Experience in behavioral health settings / community mental
health settings strongly preferred.
- Master's degree in occupational therapy is required. Experience
in behavioral health setting is preferred but not required.
- All OTs must pass NBCOT(boards), and be licensed or have a
temporary license to practice in Massachusetts.*** Benefits
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- 11 paid holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
- Discounts offered to your Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon plans
G--ndara Center provides residential, mental health, substance
abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families
across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts.
Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and
strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a
diverse community. Chicopee, Massachusetts, United States
Keywords: Gandara Mental Health Center, Chicopee , Occupational Therapist, Healthcare , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!