Home Health Weekend RN
Posted on: May 25, 2023
$10K New Hire Bonus Previous home care experience preferred.
Training available with flexible schedules, week day availability
for training preferred. - POSITION SUMMARY: Weekend nurse providing
home visits for hospice and palliative patients. Work thirty (30)
hours paid for forty (40) hours. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION:
- Graduate of an NLN-approved school of nursing, associate or
baccalaureate degree program under RN supervision.
- One (1) year of recent medical/surgical nursing experience,
additional experience in community health -preferred.
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice and the
skills to practice and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of Agency policies, regulations and procedures to
administer patient care. Knowledge of medical equipment currently
used to provide patient care. -
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish
a safe work environment. -
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and
techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care.
- Skill in identifying patient-related problems and recommending
- Skill in documentation in clinical records. -
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with patients, families, physicians, co-workers, and
the community. -
- Ability to maintain quality control standards. -
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and
- Ability to communicate clearly. -
- Possess adequate transportation to carry out job requirements.
Must show proof of satisfactory automobile insurance with minimum
coverage of $100,000/300,000 to be determined by Agency policy when
using automobile for transportation. Willingness to provide service
in any part of Agency geographic area, according to Agency
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: Disclaimer: Job descriptions
are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, exhaustive
lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working
conditions associated with the job. They are intended to be
accurate reflections of the principal duties and responsibilities
of this position. These responsibilities and competencies listed
below may change from time to time. Eastern Connecticut Health
Network reserves the right to change or assign other duties and
responsibilities to this position
- Provides intermittent nursing service to patients and their
families in compliance with state and federal regulations,
incorporating the following:
- A complete physical and psychosocial assessment.
- Establishment and implementation of an appropriate care plan
and goals with the patient/family.
- Referral to appropriate therapies as needed.
- Periodic reevaluation of significant changes in the condition
of the patient and of progress toward the goals.
- Use of Agency and community consultants/resources.
- Instruction of patient/family in procedures or responsibilities
they are assuming and optimum wellness practices.
- Planning for the patient's discharge from service.
- May admit/readmit patients to service, as requested by the
Supervisor of Clinical Services.
- Death pronouncements.
- Manages work assignment in effective and efficient
- Documentation is complete, accurate and exported within 36
- Reports any cases to the Weekend Manager where goals cannot be
met, or at-risk situations exist and responds
- Remains flexible in accepting cases on a p.r.n. basis or
- Utilizes payer sources correctly, reflecting changing levels of
- Identifies and utilizes community resources for optimal patient
care from case manager.
- Orders appropriate medications, Durable Medical Equipment and
Supplies for HomeCare patients per established practices.
- Coordinates with weekend manager to address changes in the plan
of care/need for additional services.
- Demonstrates an understanding of OASIS:
- OASIS documentation is consistent with the Plan of
- Greater than 75% of OASIS data is answered accurately and in
accordance with OASIS walk.
- OASIS assessment and Plan of Care are consistently reflected
and supported in documentation greater than 75% of the
- Develops and maintains sufficient professional skills and
credentials to meet the needs -of patient care:
- Attends a minimum of 12 hours of in-service per year, to
include mandated annual in-services.
- Participates actively in self-appraisal and the formation of a
plan of self-development.
- Knowledgeable of Agency policies and procedures.
- Seeks appropriate supervision.
- Projects professional image through attitude and compliance
with dress code.
- Functions as a team member with consideration to all
- Provides Agency with current copy of professional
- Maintains CPR certification.
Keywords: Echn, Chicopee , Home Health Weekend RN, Healthcare , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...