Company: Belcan Corporation
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Description: - A Production Manager job in Chicopee, MA is
currently accepting applications. This is a direct-hire position
with our key manufacturing client. In this role, you will be
responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and
management in a designated location. They will also ensure the
accuracy and timeliness of tracking, analyzing, and reporting
trends and variances. To be considered for this role, you will have
a minimum of an B.S. Degree along with 10+ years of relevant work
Production Manager Responsibilities:
* Ensures that the facility provides the highest quality products
produced in the most efficient manner within budgeted costs.
Implements systems to effectively manage production schedules
properly supporting the business.
* Leads the effort and drives Lean Manufacturing tools and
techniques fostering continuous improvement within the facility.
Acts in a proactive fashion regarding problem resolution.
* Manages profit and loss for the facility and drives Plant
performance and reviews KPIs regularly (Daily, Weekly and
* Leads the overall strategic planning efforts for the location
which include cost reduction initiatives, capital planning and
resources as well as in other areas.
* Manages the overall safety, quality, scheduling, production,
shipping, and maintenance functions for the facility.
* Leads the effort in maintaining a safe, clean, and efficient
operation working within all company guidelines and
* Manage facilities and machinery maintenance ensuring preventive
maintenance is performed per the schedule
* Strives to improve the plant"s safety accident record year over
year in creating a positive safety culture for all employees.
Conducts safety walks of the facility on a weekly basis.
* Conducts talent reviews. Trains, develops, and motivates staff in
an effort to optimize the workforce. Delivers performance reviews
and any feedback to the team as needed.
* Conducts weekly staff meetings which focus on key operative
* Interfaces with customers and suppliers. Visits both as
* Works as necessary to establish positive community
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Production Manager Requirements:
* Bachelor or Master"s Degree in Engineering, Operations or
* Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in operations, maintenance,
engineering and/or process Improvement roles including managing
teams of people
* Previous experience working in a Lean environment.
* Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification a plus
* Proven experience and record of successes in a high-speed
manufacturing environment. Experience with metal processing/metal
forming strong preferred
* Experience in a commercial role with direct customer contact
* Minimum of 5 years of experience with process development and
business process design.
* Experience managing to the ISO or equivalent quality
* Experience implementing and/or managing to an Operating System
(example: the Toyota Production Systems)
* Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
deadlines with solid problem-solving and team management
* Adequate knowledge of business and management principles
(budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human
* Be detail-oriented, organized, accurate, thorough, and able to
monitor work for quality while possessing exceptional verbal and
written communication skills
* Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical
* Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand
creation, inventory, and stewardship processes
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and Outlook and a strong
* Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
* Strong team building, decision-making, and people management
* Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution
If you are interested in this Production Manager job in Chicopee,
MA, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the
world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent
opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct
assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are
the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal
is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people,
organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For
more information, please visit our website at
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, please Log in to apply
for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart Copyright
-2005 Belcan Corporation - Privacy Statement - Site Map
Keywords: Belcan Corporation, Chicopee , Production Manager, Executive , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!