Company: Restaurant Depot
Posted on: November 16, 2022
Position Title: Seafood ManagerDepartment: SeafoodSupervisor:
Assistant Branch Manager/Branch ManagerFLSA: Non-exempt (Paid by
the hour)Position Summary:Responsible for receiving product and
ensures that aisles/freezers and refrigerators are stocked,
labeled, clean and delivered product is packed out, and proper
customer service is provided.Essential Functions:
- Ensure proper customer service and works to develop
relationships with large customers.
- Supervises all activities in the Seafood Department including
product placement, rotation, signage, and displays. Is responsible
for overall department appearance, cleanliness, and adherence to
both government and corporate ordinances. Must maintain records as
required. In the role of Seafood Manager, he/she will oversee the
Assistant Seafood Manager (if applicable), Seafood Supervisors (if
applicable) and Stockers to assure that the Seafood Department is
operating in a manner that adheres to company standards.
- Develops schedules, monitors performance and recommends the
proper discipline as appropriate.
- Trains employees in job responsibilities and safe operating
- Interviews candidates and recommends for hires.
- Disciplines employees when necessary and recommends
- Ensures that employees are performing the proper inspections to
meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP
- Reviews inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to
prevent shrinkage and damages.
- Ensures that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most
recent pricing and market conditions.
- Supervises the receiving of all seafood products and ensures
that the proper paperwork is completed.
- Maintains accurate computer inventory levels by having physical
inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
- Maintains refrigerated equipment and makes sure maintenance
contracts and schedules are followed.
- Supervises the ordering of seafood products from vendors on a
regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal
shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on
- Makes sure all the employees in the department can work the
equipment such as Toledo scale and Dennison label machine.
- Coordinates that the pallets stored in the racks have the
proper block and date tags.
- Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a
regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets
and cleaning underneath.
- Insures that excess inventory not slotted on floor is stacked
in overhead racks in close proximity to where it is sold or stored
- Assures that trash is removed from floor and properly
- Makes sure that low stock/out of stock information is
communicated to the Inventory Controller after carefully checking
the system and rack for product.
- Maintains that all signage is correct and that the flyers
prices are reflected on the product.
- Coordinates proper merchandising of aisles (logical
adjacencies, proper holding power, space allocation) and creatively
merchandises and sets up impulse areas for merchandising.
- Performs additional duties, responsibilities and projects as
- Performs weekly self audits of the Seafood Department.Other
- Performs other work-related duties as required and
assigned.Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelors Degree, OR High School Diploma OR GED with at least 4
years experience in customer service, OR any appropriate
combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from managers, clients, and general public
- Ability to calculate figures, and amounts such as discounts,
interest, proportions, percentages, area, mass and volume.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and
confidential situation and documentation.
- Commitment to company values and strong customer
- Computer LiteracyPhysical Requirements:
- Lift/Carry Abilities (measured for maximum or average
- Lift 50 lbs
- Carry strength (50 or less) 50 lbs
- Frequent lift/carry (> 12x/hour) 50 lbs
- Constant lift/carry (> 30x/hr) 20 lbs
- Physical Aptitudes (rated based on level of skill
- Agility/dynamic balance 80-119%
- Finger dexterity 80-119%
- Manual dexterity 80 119%
- Posture Tolerance (rated based on frequency or time
- Stand/walk constantly
- Reach above shoulder level occasionally
- Twist/turn head occasionally
- Bend over/stoop occasionally
- Climb steps/ladder occasionally
- Kneel/squat - occasionallyWork Environment:
- Requires frequent exposure to cold/freezing temperatures
- Equipment in motion (forklifts, electric pallet jacks,
scooters)Acknowledgement:I fully understand the responsibilities
and qualifications required for this job. Furthermore, I find that
I am capable of performing the required functions.
Keywords: Restaurant Depot, Chicopee , Seafood Manager, Executive , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!