Manufacturing Engineer - Dielectrics a UFP Technologies Company
Company: UFP Technologies
Posted on: August 17, 2019
About Dielectrics a UFP Technologies Company:
UFP Technologies is a producer of innovative custom-engineered
components, products, and specialty packaging. Using foams,
plastics, composites, and natural fiber materials, we design and
manufacture a vast range of solutions primarily for the medical,
automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, consumer, and
industrial markets. Our team acts as an extension of customers'
in-house research, engineering and manufacturing groups, working
closely with them to solve their most complex product and packaging
challenges. For our customers, innovation takes many shapes. But
each solution is shaped by a level of design, materials and process
expertise that is unique to UFP Technologies.
Position Location: Chicopee, MA
- Maximize production efficiencies - manage and implement
improvements to work processes, layouts, assembly methods and other
aspects of the work flow.
- Analyze, assess and recommend changes to support efficient and
continuous improvement with any aspect of production including, but
not limited to process performance, equipment layout, work flow,
compliance with GMPs, production rates, MOS, & product set up.
- Assist in Lean manufacturing Initiatives, 5S and
- Tracking critical manufacturing performances to standards
- Perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality,
safety and efficiency improvements. Make recommendations and
participate in the implementation of improvement measures.
- Evaluate routings, specs, SOPs, training materials and other
documents related to the production of existing and new
- Analyze problems and develop creative viable solutions.
- Support and engage plant operations and personnel in 5S, Lean
Manufacturing concepts, and other concepts with a focus on
- Create floor layouts (Auto Cad).
- Participate in new product launches and validation
- Assist in training operators in proper manufacturing
- Participate with other supervisors in coordinating plant
- Collaborate with engineering and quality staff to accomplish
- Collect data and report on various manufacturing metrics.
- Attend meetings and make presentations as needed - with
internal staff and with customers.
- Stay abreast of manufacturing and engineering industry
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Other related duties as requested or required of position.
- A.S or B.S. in Industrial Engineering / Mechanical Eng or
- 2 years hands-on engineering experience in a manufacturing
- Experience with lean manufacturing, Auto CAD, and mechanical
desk top software.
- Strong analytical and communications needed to interface with
internal team and customers.
- Proven to be proactive and autonomous, with collaborative team
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Keywords: UFP Technologies, Chicopee , Manufacturing Engineer - Dielectrics a UFP Technologies Company, Engineering , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!