Mechanic II / Waste Water Technician - 2nd Shift
Company: US Tsubaki Automotive, LLC
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Description: The TSUBAKI name is synonymous with excellence in
quality, dependability and customer service. U.S. Tsubaki
Automotive, LLC is an international tier-one supplier of high-speed
chain drive systems to the automotive industry.
The Waste Water Technician/Maintenance Mechanic II is responsible
for Waste water related tasks, including start-up: ensuring the
system is producing clean water; mechanical/chemical trouble
shooting in addition to planning, layout, and performing a variety
of general maintenance duties to install, maintain, and repair
production machines or equipment, attachments, or other apparatus
or mechanisms as used in the various departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The essential duties and
responsibilities of this job are included but not limited to this
job description - other tasks may be assigned and expected to be
- Responsible for calibration and adjustment/repair of diaphragm
pumps & other mechanical components
- Switching sample bottle and programmed sampler as needed.
- Performing mechanical and chemical troubleshooting of
- Maintain a chemical inventory, checking and changing
- Using a computer to print out periodic flow/Ph charts.
- Empty and clean filter press as required.
- Take care of sludge removal.
- Keep a detailed logbook on routine and abnormal
- Assist municipal and contracted technicians or inspectors on
audits and sample collections. Coordinate hazardous waste pickup
- Operate all wastewater and associated equipment.
- Review and responds to the maintenance service request.
- Utilize the EAM system to ensure thorough maintenance record
- Performa regularly scheduled Preventative maintenance actives
- Carry out various facilities maintenance tasks.
- Move various large equipment and assemblies throughout the
- Train and mentor Level 2 Mechanics.
- Fabricate and repair equipment with mig and tig welders.
- Use a lathe and mill to fabricate machine components.
- Troubleshoot mechanical advanced problems on equipment
throughout the facility.
- Troubleshoot hydraulic and pneumatic issues through the use of
- Perform and lead major equipment rebuilds.
- Teardown machines and mechanisms, determine the extent of
troubles, repair damaged mechanisms, and/or replace worn parts and
- Perform machinist work. Occasionally set up and operate typical
machine tools to perform turning, boring, facing, threading,
grinding, honing, etc., or other related hand operations to
properly fit and align replacement parts.
- Perform mechanical work as necessary to move and align
production machinery, equipment and newly installed replacement
parts to the required accuracy.
- Perform carpentry work such as building workbenches, office
partitions, etc. Perform simple pipefitting, painting, and sheet
metal work or other necessary layout work to complete jobs at
- Work involves a variety of regular machines, and bench and hand
operations requiring familiarity with the machinist trade.
- Detailed knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, welding, and general
maintenance drafts and proficiency requiring skill and judgment to
tear down ordinary units, installation of new machinery and/or the
relocation of present equipment.
- Duties require a broad knowledge in several areas such as
carpentry, plumbing, welding, sheet metal, pipefitting, general
knowledge of the electric hand tools; regular blueprint reading,
and the experience necessary for recommending machine
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly
condition and follow standard safety regulations. Execute a variety
of other similar and associated duties as required.
- Perform other similar and associated duties as required or
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5+ Years of experience in an industrial maintenance role.
- Must be able to obtain a Waste Water License Grade 2, within 90
- Ability to solve and repair complex equipment issues.
- Proficiency with common mechanic's hand tools.
- Proficiency with common power tools.
- Ability to learn and progress through mechanic levels.
- Microsoft Office experience with emphasis on Outlook
- Ability to use the EAM system to document maintenance service
- Proficient in mig and tig welding.
- Ability to machine parts using a lathe and mill.
- Advanced experience with rigging and the ability to move large
- Thorough technical understanding of machine components i.e.
bearings, gears, pulleys etc.
- Experience in reading and interpreting machine, hydraulic, and
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to interpret technical equipment draws and schematics
and repair manuals.
- Ability to operate a fork truck, scissor lift or other
industrial power equipment as required.
- Highly customer service focused
- The ability to communicate and work collaboratively with all
levels of the organization.
- Microsoft Office experience with emphasis on Outlook
- Ability to use the CMM system to document maintenance service
requests. U.S. Tsubaki offers:
- A competitive compensation package, including medical and
dental benefits, life insurance, and generous 401(k) match and
- Paid vacation time
- Step increases
- Shift differential pay
- Weekly pay Tsubaki is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Keywords: US Tsubaki Automotive, LLC, Chicopee , Mechanic II / Waste Water Technician - 2nd Shift, Engineering , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...