Posted on: November 21, 2022
United States of America
CAM68: ALC - Mass (Chicopee) 260 Griffith Rd , Chicopee, MA, 01056
Carrier is the leading global provider of healthy, safe and
sustainable building and cold chain solutions with a world-class,
diverse workforce with business segments covering HVAC,
refrigeration, and fire and security.We make modern life possible
by delivering safer, smarter and more sustainable services that
make a difference to people and our planet while revolutionizing
industry trends. This is why we come to work every day. Join us and
we can make a difference together.
About this role
Design, documentation, and programming of building automation
systems (BAS) in compliance with project plans and specifications.
Proactive communication with project stakeholders including
requests for information and technical risks and opportunities.
As aprimary business partner,this role involves:
- Design of complete building automation systems including the
specification and sizing of controllers, electromechanical devices,
sensors, networks, and computer hardware.
- Creation, where necessary, of sequences of operation for the
control of common building systems.
- Documentation of the BAS design (i.e. submittals) and revision
control of the resultant documents.
- Final documentation of the building automation system that
incorporates all changes made since issuance of the
- Adherence to project requirements and company and customer
standards in all aspects of design.
- Technical support during the selling process to ensure that
sales representatives accurately address customer requirements and
propose the best possible solutions.
- Identification and communication of project opportunities and
risks related to cost, time, and technical considerations.
- Timely creation of requests for information.
- Clear communication and proactive expectation setting with
manager and project stakeholders.
- Adherence to safety standards. High degree of regard for
employee and subcontractor safety.
- Adherence to ethics standards. Exemplifies the Carrier code of
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering or construction
discipline and 2+ years' experience in the HVAC controls industry
or 5+ years' experience in the HVAC controls industry.
- Willingness and ability to travel 20% of average workweek,
including air travel, overnight hotel stays, and unexpected travel
- Capable of climbing ladders or using other lift equipment in
excess of 8 feet above grade, and capable of lifting items up to
- Understands electrical and mechanical building
- Capable of designing most projects executed by Automated
- Able understand and recommend modifications to sequences of
operation for the automation of all building systems.
- Able to write sequences of operation for common HVAC systems
and control methodologies.
- Able to interpret plans (including architectural, mechanical,
and electrical blueprints), specifications, and contract documents
to deliver compliant but optimized designs.
- Able to accurately and effectively request clarifications to
technical or scope information via a formal request for information
- Competent verbal and written communicator, able to translate
technical information to both technical and non-technical
- Able to balance multiple concurrent priorities through
communication with manager and project stakeholders.
- Able to condense technical information into a comprehensive and
clear set of design documents in a way that is easily understood
and followed by project stakeholders.
- Familiar with Microsoft Visio (other CAD software
- Working knowledge of Automated Logic software, hardware,
peripherals, add-ons, and services.
- Familiarity with third-party communication protocols used in
building automation (e.g. BACnet , Modbus, LON, N2, etc.). Able to
design integrations with the same.
- Basic understanding of enterprise IP networks, including
- Aptitude for problem solving even when troubleshooting
- Basic time management skills including the ability to
accurately estimate time required to complete tasks and deliver on
the committed timeline.
- Competency with Microsoft software including Windows, Outlook,
Word, and Excel.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age
or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice
COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S.
Keywords: Carrier, Chicopee , Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!