Process Engineer- Injection Molding
Company: Callaway Golf
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium
golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a
great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of
innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and
respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and
making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and
our leaders have a strong history of building and selling
successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly
groundbreaking company and we want top-notch people to join us in
This role is responsible for providing the technical assistance
required to improve quality, productivity and standard cost
problems in the manufacturing process specifically in the injection
molding functions. In addition, this role will develop and optimize
processes using Six Sigma and Lean techniques and lead
manufacturing improvement initiatives. The incumbent is responsible
for the daily execution of experiments, data organization and
analysis, report generation, and general production support.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify improvement opportunities related to current processes
- Troubleshoot aspects of the golf ball manufacturing
- Conduct pilots and feasibility studies for existing and new
- Work effectively and professionally with all levels of
- Provide professional and respectful communication, written and
verbal, to all levels of manufacturing
- Establish and maintain manufacturing instructions
- Drive critical engineering initiatives to include capability,
quality, and throughput improvements
- Train production personnel on new, or modified manufacturing
operations as required
- Participate in Kaizen Events and Continuous Improvement
- Work with Engineering Technicians to elevate the technical
competence in their departments
- Review, modify and implement manufacturing instructions and
standard work in coordination with the operations team and training
- Drive initiatives designed to improve overall process
- Works towards improvements for process efficiencies
- Work in a safe manner following all PPE and standardized
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Strong competency with Microsoft Works programs including
Excel, Word and Access
- Competency with Minitab or other statistical software
- Use and understand a wide variety of manufacturing equipment
and programs to enhance and support manufacturing
- Ability to manage various projects, multi-task, and assign
tasks when required.
- Excellent process identification, evaluation, and problem
- Ability to elicit cooperation from management and other
- Ability to work independently and rapidly adapt and respond to
priority changes based on business needs.
- Work extended hours and travel in critical situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Ability to maintain professional customer relations and to deal
responsively with management and peers.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead and direct a small group of employees on a
large scale project
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, preferably Chemical or
- 5 years related experience and/or training in field; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing certifications preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT (if applicable)
- The employee may be frequently expose to fumes or airborne
- The employee may be exposed to confined spaces while working on
- The employee is regularly required to stand and walk for long
periods of time.
- The employee may be required to stand, sit, crouch, walk and
bend/conform in uncomfortable positions for varying periods of
- Will be required to use vision including close vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
- Occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level
of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of
employees in this classification and it may be changed by
management at any time. Other duties may also apply. Distribution
of this item outside of the Company without an authorized release
is a violation of Company policy.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Callaway Golf, Chicopee , Process Engineer- Injection Molding, Engineering , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!