Lead Field Service Engineer
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Date Posted:2022-08-12-07:00Country:United States of
AmericaLocation:CAM68: ALC - Mass (Chicopee) 260 Griffith Rd ,
Chicopee, MA, 01056 USAAutomated Logic Corporation provides
innovative building-management solutions that maximize energy
efficiency and sustainable building operation while ensuring
comfort. Its intuitive products control and monitor building
functions such as heating, air conditioning and lighting for
commercial office, education, health care, government and data
center markets through a global network of independent dealers and
North American branch offices. Automated Logic is a part of Carrier
Global Corporation, the leading global provider of healthy, safe
and sustainable building and cold chain solutions.Under minimal
supervision, the Lead Field Service Engineer conducts preventive
maintenance, repair, installation, commissioning and
troubleshooting of very complex building systems. The person in the
role is recognized as a technical leader, coach and mentor in the
local office. Will be responsible for high levels of customer
satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interface. Will
provide consultant level services for the customer related to
building automation systems and ensures ultimate customer
satisfaction levels with assigned customers. With a high level of
complete technical competence, mentors lesser experienced team
members.These roles can be located throughout the state of
Massachusetts based out of either the Canton, MA, or Chicopee, MA
office locations.Essential Functions:
- Adheres to all ALC and customer safety standards. Promotes
safety awareness on work sites and provides safety leadership to
employees and subcontractors.
- Communicates with customers upon arrival and before leaving the
facility. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction. Meets
regularly with customers representative to consult on facility
performance. Keeps customers informed of the nature of service we
are on-site to perform.
- Communicates outstanding issues and recommends through field
quotes system enhancements, upgrades, and/or repairs. Is observant
of additional opportunities we may have to solve issues. Actively
participates with the service account manager and sales team to
engineer and estimate solutions.
- Actively works with sales and account team to consistently
transform agreement base to the higher level outcome and
- Performs system maintenance in accordance with established
service practices and direction, including field controllers,
servers and workstations, and field hardware. Maintains feedback of
equipment scheduling and modifications needed to service account
- Interfaces with service coordinator, service account manager,
and service project managers to coordinate activities as required
in a professional manner. Acts to provide feedback on team
assignments, skill certifications, and learning recommendations as
- Performs diagnostics and repairs to complex control systems.
Knowledge of multiple manufacturer controls systems and ability to
test and write modifications in multiple languages of systems
- Provides training to customers for their specific control
systems operations. Delivers documentation to the customer for
training as needed or as contractual obligation requires.
- Follows established learning path and conducts extensive
self-study (reading, research, and practice) to improve and
maintain technical proficiency in companys product lines. Completes
certifications as required by the company.
- Actively participates in leadership learning path and practices
leadership skills while mentoring, performing group training,
performance review input, or other leader development
- Provides solutions to increasingly complex system problems by
troubleshooting systems and leading others on how to resolve
problems. Works with subcontractors and other trades as needed to
ensure proper operation.
- Local escalation point for technical issues. May coach and
resolve issues either on-site or through remote coaching.
- Completes all job required documentation on time, including
time sheets, expense reports, posting of work orders, on-site
documentation, and project status reports in accordance with
company policy as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Knowledge, Skills &
- Provides direction to other team members and follows guidance
from the service account manager or project manager .
- Must be able to work alone, manage time effectively and
communicate proficiently with customers.
- Able to create, download, and troubleshoot complex HVAC system
logic using WebCTRL and associated software. Proficient with all
WebCTRL software functions and utilities.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networks, including wireless
technology design and troubleshooting.
- Able to read and understand Architectural, Mechanical, and
- Experience with Microsoft software products, including Outlook,
Word, Excel, and other Windows products.
- Possess computer and networking skills to properly maintain
their laptops and mobile devices, as well as experience in the
maintenance and troubleshooting of Ethernet and ARC Net
- Strong background in the operation and control of mechanical
equipment and their control sequences.Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma, Associates Degree, or Technical School in
the HVAC industry with a minimum of 8 years experience in the HVAC
- Experience interacting with a large and diverse number of
simultaneous challenges, requiring knowledge of multiple
- Possess and maintain a valid and current Drivers License and be
insurable by the companys insurance carrier.
- Ability to travel in excess of 50% of the typical workweek,
including air travel, overnight hotel stays, and unexpected travel,
as well as participate in rotating on-call schedule.Preferred
- Bachelors degree in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical
Engineering, Construction Management, Electronics, or IT.
- Field experience and a complete understanding of the
installation and operation of Automated Logic Controls and
knowledge and understanding of third-party control systems and
- Experience with Automated Logic and Phoenix software, including
WebCtrl, SiteBuilder, ViewBuilder, LogicBuilder, InterOp 3.02,
Alert, Draw, EDB, Eikon, Supervision, and Accel Works.Physical
- Capable of climbing ladders or using other lift equipment in
excess of 8 feet above grade and capable of lifting items up to
50lbs.Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age
or any other federally protected class.Job Applicant's Privacy
Notice:Click on this link
to read the Job Applicant's Privacy NoticeCOVID-19 vaccines will be
required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees.
Keywords: Carrier, Chicopee , Lead Field Service Engineer, Engineering , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!