Company: XPO Logistics
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a
highly integrated network of people, technology and physical
assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a
challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We
want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive
positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and
XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at
Pay, benefits and more.
- Pay starts at $26.81/hour
- Full health insurance on day one
- Life and disability insurance
- Earn up to 13 days PTO over the course of your first year
- 9 paid company holidays
- 401(k) option with company match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Education assistance
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on all
types of class 7 and 8 diesel equipment, forklifts and trailing
- Repair or rebuild all or parts of various equipment
- Work in accordance with DOT, EPA, Interstate Authority, OSHA
and other rules and regulations
- Conduct safety inspections on equipment and prepare safety
documentation as needed
- Maintain proficiency with equipment and technologies that
- Move trailers throughout the property
- Operate a hostler in all types of weather; safely walk and
stand for extended periods of timeWhat you need to succeed at
XPO:At a minimum, you'll need:
- 2 years of experience in general heavy truck repair for
commercial fleet operations
- To obtain EPA HVAC Refrigerant Recovery and Recycling
Certification within 90 days of hire (ASE, MACS or equivalent)
- A valid driver's license
- Basic welding skills (Oxy/Acetylene, MIG and ARC)
- Your own hand tools for tractor-trailer repairs
- Basic computer skills
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days,
evenings, nights and weekendsIt'd be great if you also have:
- Previous or current ASE certifications
- Experience with trailer repair, diesel engine system
diagnostics and preventive maintenance for tractor technicians
- Ability to diagnose and repair vehicle air conditioning
systemsThis job requires the ability to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and more than 75 lbs.
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various
surfaces that may be uneven or slippery, including working outdoors
in inclement weather
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull,
twist, squat and kneelBe part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or
other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be
required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required
responsibilities, duties and skills for this job
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.
Keywords: XPO Logistics, Chicopee , Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!