CTT Instructor - Welding
Company: Westover Job Corps Center
Posted on: November 15, 2022
Position Career Technical Training Instructor Reports To CTT
-Manager Department Career Technical Training FLSA STATUS Exempt -
Full Time Primary Position Objectives The CTT instructor's
responsibilities include all aspects of instruction and the
learning experience of the students. - Ensures rigor and relevance
of subjects taught. - Collaborates with academic instructors in the
delivery of applied academics Brief Description of Duties
- Teaches the basic principles and concepts of vocational skills
- Maintains a high degree of discipline within classroom setting
in order to ensure maximum learning.
- Works with academic instructors in coordinating curriculum
development and delivering applied academics.
- Uses all possible curricular resources available on
- Ensures adequate classroom preparation.
- Works towards meeting performance management goals established
by the company and the National Director of Job Corps via OMS and
CTT Report Cards
- Provide instruction and remedial training support that will
enable students to overcome barriers in obtaining industry
certifications or participating in Advanced Training (AT) or
Advanced Career Training (ACT).
- Ensures proper maintenance of student personal folders,
recording personal data, including test scores, evaluations,
attendance, incident reports, achievement awards and any other
pertinent information concerning students.
- Records and forwards daily attendance to the Records
- Assists in the completion of students' resume.
- Provide contextual learning opportunities for students to
improve academic skills in the CTT learning environment.
- Works closely with the Center Director's designee for
disability issues to ensure that students with disabilities who are
interested assigned trade is provided reasonable
accommodations/modifications, if needed, to perform the
trade-related skills required by the Training Achievement Records
- Ensures students are taught the importance of attaining and
applying the career success and applied academic standards listed
in each TAR.
- Updates eTARs at on a weekly basis to credit student skill
- Tailors instructional methods and expected rates of progress to
the learning styles, abilities, and career goals of individual
- Complies with all state regulations related to testing and
- Intervene and correct inappropriate student behavior and
- Develop year-round job-shadowing opportunities with community,
industry, and employers, which will enhance students' education and
career technical skills training.
- Incorporate work-based learning (WBL) as a primary
instructional approach to the delivery of applied and contextual
- Performs driving responsibilities and monitoring activities
- Endeavors to promote a positive and desirable atmosphere within
the classroom setting to ensure maximum student motivation and
- Work closely with the designated Student Personnel Officer, and
the Health and Wellness Manager, on all matters concerning the
health and safety of students.
- Work closely with center staff to develop student schedules.
Every effort shall be made to schedule students to attend career
technical classes for the maximum period per day, including an
appropriate amount of time for lunch.
- Remain current and knowledgeable regarding available industry
certifications, prerequisites, and examination requirements.
- Maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of current industry
skills, safety, and health requirements
- Deliver training in the context of projects or workplace
situations, using workplace materials and employer and Industry
Council input whenever possible.
- Ensure instructional materials are upgraded as necessary to
remain aligned with the latest industry and training standards to
- Collaborate with students in setting or revising their short-
and long-term goals that will lead to achievement of career goals.
- Provides input on the maintenance of the Career Development
Services System Plan.
- Establishes a high degree of student/instructor rapport.
- Participates in student performance evaluations as required or
- Provide students with periodic feedback and assessments of
progress in achieving their career development goals. (ESP)
- Maintains building and equipment and ensures proper measures
are taken for the care of equipment and supplies.
- Ensures instructional approach support students' career
development goals, the Zero Tolerance Policy, mastery of Career
Success Standards, and college and career readiness.
- Works towards meeting performance standard goals.
- Adheres to required property control policies and
- Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Quality
Assurance Plan (QAP), Serrato policies and procedures, Job Corps
notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates and abides by Serrato Corporation's core values
and operating principles.
- Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success
- Helps students become more employable through continuous
- Ensures that Casenotes are updated at least monthly to include
progress from all areas.
- Participates in PRH mandated staff training. Failure to
participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including
- Performs other duties as assigned. Key Competencies Performance
Standards/Results Effective Communication
- Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly
confirms correct interpretation of information.
- Very high standard of communication skills both written and
verbal for the presentation of facts and ideas.
- Shows professional non-verbal body language and actively
listens to others. - Organization of Work
- Action oriented. Demonstrates the ability to handle several
projects simultaneously with decision making, flexibility, and
- Implements the key principles of time management, task
allocation and priority assignment in addition to personal
- Shows attention to detail and ability to complete work with the
highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Continually seek ways to improve employment service provided
via development of professional skills and personal growth.
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills when interacting
with others. Abides by Serrato Corporation's Healthy Workplace
- Acts as a team player and builds professional relationships
with coworkers to achieve goals. - - - - - - Leadership &
- Ability to exceptionally manage and lead students from diverse
- Committed to investing in and developing students and
positioning them to succeed. -
- Mission-oriented and possesses a strategic vision. -
- Motivates students and provides coaching and/or feedback when
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word,
Power Point, Outlook, and Excel.
- Computer literacy with basic computer functions, email,
internet, and basic programs such as Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to perform the major duties in the trade of instruction
and current knowledge of subject area. -
- High level of communication, interpersonal, analytical, and
- High level of ability to motivate, inspire, and train students
effectively. - Experience Two years' experience in the trade of
instruction. One year of teaching experience required. - Education
High School Diploma or equivalent. - Certificates, Licenses,
- Certified, licensed, or accredited in the state in which the
Center is located or is accredited by a professional trade
- For NTC, instructor must be certified by union or trade
organization, or by a national trade certifying organization. (RO
may waive if Center is unable to hire certified or licensed
instructors, but candidates must pursue certification.)
- Valid State Driver's License. Physical Demands The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; to reach
with hands and arms; and talk and listen. The employee must be able
to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision
capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, and peripheral vision. Work Environment The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. - While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise
level can vary from moderate to loud. Benefits Offered
- Paid Short Term / Long Term Disability and basic life
- Health care insurance available (medical, dental, vision,
critical illness, accident, HSA, and FSA)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K -& 401K -Matching
- Tutiton Reimbursement -
- Employee Assistance Counseling Service ProgramDisclaimers
- Serrato Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Serrato Corporation conducts background checks and drug
Keywords: Westover Job Corps Center, Chicopee , CTT Instructor - Welding, Education / Teaching , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!