Financial Aid Counselor
Company: Elms College
Posted on: May 12, 2022
The Financial Aid Counselor provides information to and
advises/counsels students and their families on financial aid
eligibility, reviews student applications, performs verification
procedures, and provides general assistance to the Director and
Senior Assistant Director of Financial Aid. -
- Serves as one of the first points of contact for the Financial
- Answer student inquiries in person, by mall, or by
- Assists Financial Aid team in retrieving, sorting, and
delivering department mall.
- Advises students and their families on all aspects of financial
aid including application procedures, processes, eligibility,
appeals, costs, and resources.
- Provides loan counseling to students.
- Utilizes the Financial Aid Management system,
- Review all documents received by the Financial Aid Office for
accuracy and completeness. -
- Sends notifications concerning incomplete applications and
requests for required documentation. Follows up with
students/families regarding missing or insufficient
- Assists In managing the communication of missing documents to
students from Colleague.
- Performs verification procedures.
- Assists with awarding financial aid funds.
- Assists the Director and Senior Assistant Director with
projects and special assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills/Abilities: -
- Knowledge of laws/regulations and policies pertaining to
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Working knowledge of Internet research.
- Must be able to initiate, anticipate, and respond to a variety
of issues and situations in a calm, friendly, professional manner.
Having a sense of humor is essential.
- Ability to work as a team player as well as independently with
- Ability to maintain a high standard of accuracy in creating and
maintaining data, records, report information, and dispensing
- Excellent time management skills to ensure that multiple,
competing priorities and tasks will be handled and accomplished In
a timely and accurate fashion.
- Must acquire a general familiarity with Financial Aid terms,
procedures, processes, and the relationship between Financial Aid
and other student-related services/offices.
- Familiarity with integrated financial aid systems.
Education and Experience: -
- Bachelor's degree preferred or a combination of education and
previous financial aid experience.
- Experience in providing outstanding customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Physical Requirements: -
- Use of general office equipment in an office setting.
- Requires an equal amount of standing, sitting, walking,
bending, stooping, climbing multiple levels of stairs, light
lifting, near vision, and manual dexterity to perform essential
- Requires the ability to travel between buildings on campus with
exposure to inclement weather conditions.
- May require driving or traveling to locations in the local and
outside the local area on official College business.
- Background checks will be conducted upon hire and on a routine
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
TO APPLY -
Send a cover letter, resume and contact information for 3
professional references via email (as Word or PDF attachments) to
email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and
continue until the position is filled.
Keywords: Elms College, Chicopee , Financial Aid Counselor, Accounting, Auditing , Chicopee, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!